We are currently seeking a Sr Neurotechnology Research Scientist (Biomedical Engineer IV) to serve as Principal Investigator (PI) on a one or more neurotechnology related projects, such as closed-loop bioelectronic medicine for cardiovascular health and/or next-generation neural interfaces. This position is located in Columbus, OH. (On-site Tuesday-Thursday and remote Monday and Friday.)
Battelle’s Medical Device Solutions Business Line is hired by external companies from startups to Fortune 100 to assist them with their product development needs. Clients choose to work with us because of a proven track record for developing innovative and marketable solutions to challenging technical problems. A significant portion of our work is focused on developing medical devices. This has included projects for mass produced drug delivery devices, immunodiagnostic systems, surgery tools, large scale imaging systems, and more. Regardless of whether the device is in the user’s hands or part of a larger system of care, they all are driven by the same ambition - to positively affect the user’s health outcome.
- Develop the fundamental science and understanding of novel neurotechnologies
- Design and lead clinical, pre-clinical and laboratory neurotechnology studies
- Propose and lead neurotechnology tasks and programs within defined scope, schedule and budget
- Lead product development of neural technology sub-systems, including for example neural assistive and neural rehabilitative systems
- Analyze complex neural data making use of signal processing techniques
- Design software to interface with and process real time position sensor data
- Shape and influence our neurotechnology research projects, team, intellectual property, and publications
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, or related discipline relevant to neurotechnology, neuromodulation AND 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Applicants for this position must be a U.S. Person, as defined by U.S. export control laws.
- Focus on encoding or decoding of neural signals.
- Evidence of thought leadership in neurotechnology as indicated by publications in refereed journals, conference presentations, patents, and/or technology commercialization.
- Excellent technical writing skills as demonstrated by strong first-author journal publications and grant proposals
- Experience managing technical tasks within interdisciplinary research and/or product development teams.
- Demonstrated independent thought and ability to identify and resolve problems associated with the development and implementation of complex technologies.
- Flexibility and agility to adapt to change while maintaining quality delivery to stakeholders.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.