Do you want to work for an exciting growing biotech startup in New Orleans? Would you like to focus your career on ensuring safer, more effective life-changing therapies are available to patients around the world? If so, AxoSim is looking for you.
We are looking for a Research Assistant to execute critical studies using our proprietary NerveSim® and BrainSim® technologies. In this role, you will support the lab research staff as they take on special projects relating to the development and validation of drug screening models.
- Perform standard laboratory benchwork in accordance with standard operation procedures
- Assist with a wide range of experiments, including training on new skills
- Accurately record data generated by benchwork and various technical assays
Prerequisites (your must-haves):
- Associates or BS in biology, neuroscience, biomedical engineering or related fields.
- 2-5 years of experience working in a research laboratory environment
- 1-3 years of cell/tissue culture and sterile aseptic technique (human or neuro cell lines are significant plus)
- Keen focus, good analytical skills and attention to detail; ability to actively listen and follow instructions
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with standard biological assays/techniques, including immunocytochemistry, histology, and microscopy
- Knowledge of nervous system anatomy and physiology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work closely with team members
- Proficient computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, excel)
AxoSim is a contract research organization that empowers advancements in human neuroscience through our drug discovery platforms. NerveSim® is the only in vitro model with high levels of Schwann cell myelination and human-relevant electrical and structural metrics. BrainSim® recreates a biomimetic 3D environment, featuring a unique combination of neurons, astrocytes, and oligodendrocytes. We help pharmaceutical companies develop drugs faster by mimicking the in vivo nervous system in an in vitro setting.
At AxoSim our diverse team of scientists, engineers, scholars, and support personnel come from around the world. Together, we enjoy a great working environment and rich opportunities to learn, engage, and make a difference. We offer a competitive benefits package including health, dental and paid time off.
How to Apply
***AxoSim is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status. An employment application with AxoSim is not an employment contract, and is merely intended to evaluate suitability for employment. Employment with AxoSim is "at will" unless otherwise specified in writing. This means that either the Company or the employee can terminate the employment at any time and for any reason, with or without notice, except as otherwise specified in writing.***