*** IMPORTANT: DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION VIA THIS SITE. PLEASE READ THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT BELOW TO LEARN HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION. ***
The Curras-Collazo Lab at the University of California, Riverside is seeking a talented, highly motivated candidate to fill a Department of Defense-funded postdoc position. Our research team is uniquely positioned to combine research methods and manipulation techniques allowing an interdisciplinary approach to address pathophysiology involving gut-brain interactions.
The postdoc hire will serve a key role in research studies focused on the metabolic, inflammatory and cognitive/mood impairments associated with Gulf War illness (GWI) in a mouse model. We employ multi-disciplinary approaches, including behavior, physiology, molecular biology and toxicology to understand the etiology and pathophysiology of GWI. The postdoctoral researcher will be trained in desired research skill, will collaborate with other core members and have opportunities for teaching and mentoring.
- Ph.D. degree or equivalent in physiology, biomedical sciences, neuroscience or related discipline is required
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Solid experience in mouse behavioral assays and Western blotting or immunohistochemistry, PCR arrays
- Candidates are expected to be highly self-motivated and have a strong desire to become an independent investigator
- Analytical skills with computer-assisted densitometry and statistics programs
- Ready to start immediately
What we offer:
- Salary competitive with NIH scale
- Excellent opportunities to advance your academic career
- Excellent training in technical and analytical skills
- Vibrant and dynamic research environment
- Collaborations with gut microbiology, gut-brain physiology and molecular biology labs at UC Riverside
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit a single PDF including a cover letter detailing your research experiences, interests and career goals, CV and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com. Please indicate this title in the subject of your email “POST-DOC Position”
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UCR is a world-class research university with an exceptionally diverse undergraduate and graduate student body. Its mission is explicitly linked to providing routes to educational success for underrepresented and first-generation college students. A commitment to this mission is a preferred qualification.