Assistant Teaching Professor for Neuroscience and Behavior
Location: Notre Dame
Sep 20, 2021
Deadline: Dec 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time
The College of Science at the University of Notre Dame invites applications for a full-time teaching faculty position to support the Neuroscience and Behavior (NSBH) undergraduate major. Appointment within an appropriate Department will be determined by the candidate's area of expertise. We seek an individual capable of assuming a leadership role in the College's nationally recognized undergraduate programs, who is committed to excellence in teaching and mentoring undergraduate students, and who has a demonstrated awareness of the importance of diversity and inclusive practices in education.
Responsibilities will include:
• Assuming leadership of the introductory neuroscience and behavior laboratory course that serves all NSBH majors.
• Developing two upper-level experiential learning elective courses in the candidate's area of expertise, with the goal of expanding students' content depth and technical skills in the areas of behavioral and molecular/cellular neuroscience.
• Contributing to the continued development of the NSBH undergraduate students and faculty network.
The candidate should have a PhD in neuroscience, and experience with animal behavioral, cellular, and molecular approaches. Post-doctoral experience/training is desired, but not required for consideration. Teaching experience at the college level is necessary.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• PhD-level expertise spanning the disciplines of behavioral, cellular, and molecular neuroscience.
• Demonstrated teaching excellence (e.g., prior teaching experience, use of evidence-based practices).
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2516519
This appointment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Applicants will be asked to identify all felony convictions and/or pending felony charges. Felony convictions do not automatically bar an individual from employment. Each case will be examined separately to determine the appropriateness of employment in the particular position. Failure to be forthcoming or dishonesty with respect to felony disclosures can result in the disqualification of a candidate. The full procedure can be viewed at https://facultyhandbook.nd.edu/?id=link-73597.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and those candidates attracted to a university with a Catholic identity. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.