The Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior is seeking to hire a part-time TMS Technician to join the Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Program at our Pasadena location. You will administer TMS treatments and deliver world-class patient care within the fields of Psychiatry and Neuromodulation. Primary duties include:
- Speak with patients and families regarding enrollment in the TMS program
- Explain procedures to patients
- Communicate with physicians on patient treatment progress
- Perform equipment positioning for TMS treatment sessions
- Observe patients during their treatment
- Assist with insurance verification, authorization, and referral process
- Entering, updating, and scribing patient appointment information in CareConnect system
- Screening through referrals
- Floating to our Westwood and Pasadena location
- Strong computer skills required – knowledge of Mac and PC based operating systems essential.
- Clinical and/or laboratory experience (required)
- Knowledge and familiarity with electrophysiological assessments (required)
- Skill in following detailed instructions as per research protocol.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, research subjects, and their families (required)
- Proficiency in data management and organization of technical information.
- Skill in routine maintenance of EEG equipment and supplies.
- General knowledge of neuroanatomy and neurophysiology (preferred)
- Ability to learn and understand positioning procedures for TMS.
- Basic life support (BLS) certification preferred.
- Bachelors degree (preferred)
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.