Endowed Professorship in Brain Aging, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta University The Department of Neuroscience & Regenerative Medicine is seeking a senior level neuroscientist to fill an endowed chair position. We specifically seek an individual with a record of outstanding research accomplishments, proven ability to secure sustained extramural funding and demonstrated leadership in the fields of brain aging. Our university launched a new initiative to recruit up to 20 new faculty in the fields of inflammaging and brain aging to perform research to improve outcomes for those suffering from Alzheimer’s disease and other neurodegenerative disorders. Candidates must hold a PhD, and/or MD, or equivalent degrees and must be eligible for a faculty appointment at the full Professor level. Other desirable qualifications for this twelve-month, tenured/tenure-track faculty position include:
- An established national and international reputation in the field of Alzheimer’s disease or other neurodegenerative disorders.
- Sustained success in obtaining external funding for research
- Exceptional track record of publications in top scientific journals
- Evidence of a commitment to fostering multidisciplinary collaborations with other academic researchers both inside and outside the university
- Unique, cutting edge technology expertise
The Department of Neuroscience & Regenerative Medicine offers excellent resources to support new faculty. The department houses the University Transgenic and Genome Editing Core, a viral vector core and a state-of-the-art microscopy facility including multiphoton confocal microscopes, N-STORM super-resolution microscope, light-sheet microscope, imaging flow cytometry and slide scanner.
Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a statement of current/future research interests, and names and contact information for three references to Ann Stephens (email@example.com) and apply for job opening #231222 at https://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty/. Also, please visit our department homepage: https://www.augusta.edu/mcg/dnrm. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. AU is an EEO/AA/Equal Access Employer.