Find your path in health care. We want to change the lives of those in our care – and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If you’re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
The Arizona Study of Aging and Neurodegenerative Disorders (AZSAND) and Banner Sun Health Research Institute (BSHRI) Brain and Body Donation Program (BBDP) is the world’s only longitudinal clinicopathological study with sustained and consistently rapid autopsies. This critical resource supports and leads national and international research focused on aging and neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s. We utilize state-of-the-art post-mortem diagnostic procedures and molecular biology to understand the relationships of pathology to clinical symptoms. Our program is highly dynamic and collaborative. We work with several cross-functional research teams that aim to understand neurodegenerative diseases and discover new therapeutics to help patients.
The ideal candidate will be experienced programming using Python, R, Perl, or other computing language. We are also looking for someone with experience analyzing and integrating high-dimensional or multi-omic datasets (for example, whole genome sequencing, RNA-seq and single-cell sequence assays.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Research is at the leading edge in a new era of scientific discovery and innovation. Our basic and clinical research faculty turns ground-breaking research findings into new identification, treatment and prevention methods for diseases such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Cardiovascular disease, Cancer and Orthopedics. We have an international reputation for our work and we provide outstanding access for patients to clinical trials. Our commitment to excellence allow us to make a difference in people's lives every day.
This position assists in conducting innovative high-quality research, including the planning, design and execution of experiments. This is a post-doctoral educational/training step required to achieve status as an independent researcher.
1. Leads portions of research projects, including planning, designing, conducting, analyzing and interpreting innovative research. Collects, organizes and records data for manuscript preparation.
2. Participates in grant and manuscript writing.
3. Participates in preparing timely reports on the research findings in the form of peer-reviewed publications and scientific presentations.
4. Forms collaborative relationships both inside and outside of the organization, in order to increase research capabilities, resources, and funding opportunities.
5. This position works directly under the supervision of a designated lab head gaining valuable experience as a researcher. This position has accountability for portions of designated research projects, working collaboratively with other researchers across the system. Customers are both internal and external, including but not limited to, facility personnel and leadership, department heads, and other allied health personnel. External communications include presentations to research and health care professionals, as well as lay people of varying educational and professional backgrounds. The position requires strong initiative, excellent networking capabilities and creative problem-solving skills.
Ph.D. or M.D.
Must have previous research experience, training or coursework in relevant field of research. Must possess knowledge of laboratory techniques, research methods and data collection. Requires strong communication, organization, and data analysis and evaluation skills. Must be able to maintain good rapport with other departmental personnel.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.