4 days left
The Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine’s campus in Middletown, N.Y. has an opening for a full-time Faculty in the Department of Anatomy.
Candidates must be committed to teaching, scholarship and service, in line with TouroCOM’s mission statement, in addition to possessing strong communication skills.
Responsibilities include direct and video based didactic teaching, administration, training and assessment of students, and adjunct faculty.
- Participate in course planning, execution, delivery and student assessment in the Neuroanatomy Course and assist in Gross Anatomy courses.
- Collaborate closely with TouroCOM Harlem campus Anatomy department.
- Prepare and deliver teaching sessions (live and video) that meets or exceeds national and Touro standards.
- Participate in determination and judicious use of budget and other resources.
- Participate in the organization and execution of the training, scheduling and assessment of the adjunct faculty.
- Support all activities in the Department of Anatomy, including in the Neuroanatomy and Anatomy courses.
- Participate in scholarly activity.
- Fulfill committee assignments as assigned by the Dean.
- Participate in Admissions Interviews as assigned.
- Satisfactory completion of Faculty Development for self and adjunct Faculty as measured by the Dean of Preclinical Sciences to include TouroCOM And Touro College Faculty Development and Evaluation Policy.
- Participate in student advising and provide guidance to the students of Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine, particularly “at risk” students.
- Establish and maintain Adjunct Faculty, and student schedules as needed.
- Participate in service to the school and to the community.
- Participate in other related activities as assigned.
- Work with the legal/compliance department as needed to help ensure that proper policies and procedures are followed.
- Work with the Department of OMM to integrate departments and curriculum.
- Special projects as directed.
- Faculty and Employee responsibilities as specified in the respective Touro handbooks.
Education, Preparation, and Training
- PhD, DO or MD Degree. Alternatively, MS degree with extensive teaching experience in Neuroanatomy
- Experience teaching in a Neuroanatomy course
- Experience teaching in the undergraduate medical education setting
- Experience in administration
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including via emails and remote conferencing modalities
- Ability to teach
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to adapt to a growing and changing environment
- Strong administrative ability
- Strong organizational skills
- Understanding and ability to utilize of audio-visual equipment
- Understanding and ability to utilize a variety of computer software and hardware across a variety of platforms (ex: Simulators, iPads, windows)
- Extensive use of computers, task trainers and simulators
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Proficiency in use of IOS and Pad based software programs
- Understanding and ability to utilize a variety of computer software and hardware across a variety of platforms (ex: iPads, Windows)
- Occasional travel to TouroCOM Harlem campus may be required
Apply for Neuroanatomy Faculty
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly