NIH NINDS T32-funded Postdoctoral Scholar
The University of Pittsburgh seeks to fill a number of NIH NINDS T32-funded postdoctoral positions for training in the Neurobiology of Neurological Disease. A primary goal of this training program is to provide a crucial clinical component to the education of postdoctoral fellows. A second major goal is to ensure that trainees are provided with mentored research training to create a pathway to independence.
This T32 program is administered by the Department of Neurobiology and directed by Dr. Peter Strick, PhD, but represents a community-wide training program that includes faculty from basic science and clinical departments throughout the University.
Prior to application, applicants must select and obtain acceptance from a research mentor chosen from the list of members of the Center for Neuroscience at the University of Pittsburgh (CNUP) (https://cnup.pitt.edu/people/core-faculty-members ) who are engaged in NINDS-funded research.
Successful applicants must have a PhD in Neuroscience, Biology, Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, Physiology, Bioengineering, or a related field. A list of current and former T32 trainees can be found at: https://neurobio.pitt.edu/t32-trainees .
In order to be eligible for NIH NINDS T32 funding, applicants must be either US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
While preference will be given to junior postdoctoral applicants, more experienced postdoctoral researchers will also be considered, especially if they are: a) working on highly innovative projects; b) working on projects that require extended time and effort for completion; or c) training in new fields or specialties.
- Curriculum vitae.
- A summary of your research accomplishments and a description of your research plans (2-3 pages).
- A summary of your relevant coursework (1-2 pages).
- A statement of your long-term career objectives (1-2 pages)
- A statement describing the relevance of your background and training to Neurological Disease Research (1-2 pages).
- A letter of nomination from the faculty sponsor which includes a brief statement of the proposed research project.
- Three letters of recommendation.
Please contact Melissa Lepore (email@example.com 412-648-9538) with any questions about the application process or for further details about the training program.
We will begin reviewing applications September 15, 2021, continuing until positions are filled. After initial review of applications, some applicants will be asked to schedule interviews with members of the T32 Executive Faculty Committee.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity, EOE, including disability/vets.
Apply for NIH NINDS T32-funded Postdoctoral Scholar
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Graduate School or University Postdoctoral Researcher Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury jobs in Pittsburgh
- Medical, Veterinary or Dental School Postdoctoral Researcher Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury jobs in Pittsburgh
- Non-profit Institution / Non-governmental Org. Postdoctoral Researcher Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury jobs in Pittsburgh