Postdoctoral Fellow in Parkinson's disease rodent modeling
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; Including your detailed CV
A postdoctoral fellow position is open to study a-synuclein biology in novel transgenic mice and
cell culture models of Parkinson's disease (PD). The research focuses on determining whether
lipids and endocrine factors that affect a-synuclein homeostasis early in Parkinson’s pathology
can protect specific neurons and/or brain regions.
The PI has shown that abrogation of physiological a-synuclein tetramers leads to a progressive,
L-DOPA-responsive motor syndrome and cortical and dopaminergic fiber loss in mice expressing
the familial PD E46K (“1K”) mutation and its amplification (“3K”). Our new project uses these
unique mouse models to study early-onset synucleinopathy. In addition, new models are being
generated to analyze tetramer-abrogation by other fPD a-synuclein mutations. Methods include
behavioral, biochemical and histopathological analyses.
Candidates with a PhD within 3 years and with extensive experience with rodent model are
preferred. Prior work with primary neurons and induced human neurons is welcome. Only
candidates with demonstrated experimental expertise and publications should apply.
Brigham and Women’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin,
sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
• A Ph.D. in neuroscience, biochemistry or a related biological field.
• Excellent record of publications
• Techniques listed in the CV
• Self-motivated and driven individual able to work both independently and in a team
• Excellent oral and written communication in English.
• The project will be labor-intensive over a ~ 2-3 year period.
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow in Parkinson's disease rodent modeling
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Graduate School or University Postdoctoral Researcher Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury jobs in Boston
- Hospital Postdoctoral Researcher Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury jobs in Boston
- Medical, Veterinary or Dental School Postdoctoral Researcher Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury jobs in Boston