The Laboratory of Neuroscience and Chronobiology at the University of Minnesota Medical School, Duluth campus is looking for a talented and motivated postdoctoral researcher/research associate. The laboratory is interested in 1) mRNA translation control mechanisms in neurodegenerative and psychiatric disorders; 2) the molecular basis of circadian timekeeping in mammals. The PI webpage can be found here: https://biomedical.umn.edu/bio/biomedsci/ruifeng-cao. Recent publications can be found here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=ruifeng+cao. Trainees will work with genetically modified mice and solve scientific problems utilizing a combination of molecular, cellular, and behavioral approaches.
- A Ph.D. degree in Neuroscience, Biochemistry, and Molecular Biology, or related fields in biomedical sciences. - First-author publications.
- Experience in behavioral neuroscience, stereotaxic mouse surgery, or
- Experience in molecular neuroscience, especially in protein and RNA work, cellular signal transduction
- Demonstrated expertise in any of the following techniques: animal behavioral tests, confocal microscopy, electrophysiological recording (intracellular or whole-cell patch-clamp), immunostaining, tissue culture, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, polysome profiling, ribosome profiling, qRT-PCR, ChIP-seq, RNA seq, and viral-mediated gene silencing
- Highly self-motivated, efficient, and well organized
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent scientific writing and communicating skills in English
Salaries and benefits can be negotiated. The University of Minnesota Medical School was ranked 28th in National Institute of Health (NIH) Sponsored Research FY2020 and Neuroscience Department was ranked 11th by Blue Ridge Institute for Medical Research. The neuroscience community at the University of Minnesota includes over 100 active neuroscientists with diverse expertise. The State of Minnesota is one of the best states for family life. The city of Duluth is an inexpensive, seaport city located on Lake Superior's shore with a variety of urban amenities. To apply, please send a letter of intent, a CV with a list of publications, names, and emails of three referees to Dr. Ruifeng Cao at firstname.lastname@example.org.