Postdoctoral Position - Epigenetic Regulation in Neurodegeneration
7 days left
- Entry Level
A postdoctoral position is available immediately in Dr. Paula Desplats’ laboratory in the Department of Neurosciences, University of California San Diego.
The Desplats Lab has a postdoctoral position open for immediate starting. The lab is interested in understanding how altered epigenetic mechanisms may contribute to adult neurodegenerative disorders, and we have a long-standing trajectory on unraveling disease mechanisms associated with alpha-synuclein misfolding and accumulation (PNAS 2009, 106(31): 13010-5; JBC 2012 287(38): 31691-702), including pioneering epigenetic analysis in Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases (Epigenetics 2013, 8(10): 1030; Alzheimers Dement. 2017 13(6):689-700; Epigenetics 2019, 14(4):365-382; Alzheimers Dement 2021, 13(1):e12156).
The study is based on modulation of DNA methylation in the context of neuroinflammation in Alzheimer’s disease, applying cellular and mouse models, CRISPR and Cre/flox tools, in addition to transcription and epigenetic analysis. Another aspect of the study is exploring epigenetic signals as biomarkers for diagnosis and disease progression, a highly-innovative and fast-paced project.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with strong creative and critical thinking; detail-oriented and goal-driven researcher who is an exceptional team player.
· Recent Ph.D. in neurosciences, molecular or cell biology.
· Hands-on experience on cutting-edge technology for transcriptional and epigenetic analysis, like ChIP-seq; RNA-seq; ATAC-seq and similar techniques.
· Advanced skills in tissue culture, including gene modulation and CRISPR.
· Candidates with a proven record of proficient data analysis using complex bioinformatic pipelines will be prioritized.
· Expertise in mouse models of neurodegeneration, including stereotactic injections, brain sectioning and immunostaining.
· Excellent written communication skills and team-work.
If you are interested in joining a growing and vibrant lab with a passion for translational science and to enjoy the highly collaborative neuroscience community of San Diego, please contact the PI at firstname.lastname@example.org including c.v. and a brief description of research interests.
Apply for Postdoctoral Position - Epigenetic Regulation in Neurodegeneration
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly