Research Scientist Position
Under direct supervision, this position requires: a) familiarity with established in vitro techniques and willingness to follow AxoSim standard procedures; b) contributing to the execution of in vitro assays in support of preclinical drug development studies and to the project management or study direction of client studies; c) the ability to design, oversee, and maintain the quality control of specific scientific research projects within a broader research study; d) quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills and interpretation as part of a research team; e) provision of analytic and narrative input into scientific abstracts, manuscripts, and/or presentations.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to industry relevant in vitro research and methods, state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems
- Designs, performs, and/or oversees every aspect of rigorous and controlled experiments and data collection to ensure data integrity, quality control, and protocol compliance
- Study direction and project management of internal and client studies
- Client-facing interactions and support
- Mentoring of junior staff and participating in training activities
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Prerequisites (your must-haves)
- BS or MS degree (+5 years’ experience) in neuroscience, neural cell biology, molecular biology, or other related life science field
- Ph.D. (+2 years’ experience) in neuroscience, neural cell biology, molecular biology, or other related life science field, and
- Previous laboratory experience with in vitro models, human or mammalian neural cell culture, and stable cell line maintenances (iPS-derived neural cells is a plus)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Previous working experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry, preferably under assay development or compound screening setting
- Experience simultaneously managing multiple scientific studies/projects
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills (including but not limited to the ability to clearly define scientific objectives, contingencies, and success/failure criteria within an experiment)
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Accountable, detail-oriented, and quality-focused
- Independent, self-motivated, and works well in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Statistical data analysis a plus
- Proficient at PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Prism, and others
AxoSim is a contract research organization that empowers advancements in human neuroscience through our drug discovery platforms. NerveSim® is the only in vitro model with high levels of Schwann cell myelination and human-relevant electrical and structural metrics. BrainSim® recreates a biomimetic 3D environment, featuring a unique combination of neurons, astrocytes, and oligodendrocytes. We help pharmaceutical companies develop drugs faster by mimicking the in vivo nervous system in an in vitro setting.
At AxoSim, our diverse team of scientists, engineers, scholars, and support personnel come from around the world. Together, we enjoy a great working environment and rich opportunities to learn, engage, and make a difference. We offer a competitive benefits package including health, dental and paid time off.
***AxoSim is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or military status. An employment application with AxoSim is not an employment contract, and is merely intended to evaluate suitability for employment. Employment with AxoSim is "at will" unless otherwise specified in writing. This means that either the Company or the employee can terminate the employment at any time and for any reason, with or without notice, except as otherwise specified in writing.***