Research Assistant II/III Kaczorowski Lab
Research Assistant II/III | Bar Harbor, ME | The Jackson Laboratory
The Kaczorowski Lab is seeking a Research Assistant II/III with strong experience in molecular and cellular biology to support studies focused on genetic and environmental factors that determine cognitive resilience in aging and Alzheimer’s disease. The successful candidate will be required to culture and maintain primary and transformed cells, extract and assess quality of DNA/RNA, and perform PCR/qPCR, western blots, immunohistochemistry, and ELISA techniques.
- Best practices and standard processes in daily work which support efficiencies, quality, safety, with a customer service focus.
- Conducts tests, experiments, and/or procedures following standard or detailed protocols.
- Basic Lab animal handling skills and biomethod techniques. General Lab sanitation.
- Accurate entry of data including lab IT systems and databases.
- Maintain appropriate documentation as required by protocols and SOP’s.
- Documentation and communication of experimental data through oral presentations and written reports
- Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences or related discipline OR 3 – 6 years of directly related experience in a Laboratory setting. Senior Research Assistant requires a Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences or related discipline OR 6+ years of directly related experience.
- Mouse handling and husbandry skills preferred. Must be able to handle mice and perform minor surgeries on mice after being trained and certified.
- Fundamental computer skills, including familiarity with Excel and Word; must be proficient with electrophysiology platforms such as the pClamp suite or Axograph for the acquisition and analysis of electrophysiology data.
- Familiarity with the preparation and use of acute mouse brain slices;
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate information verbally and in written form.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Must be a strong team-player and posses excellent listening skills.
- Ability to work flexible shifts (evening/week-end/holiday)