Associate Research Scientist
Associate Research Scientist | Bar Harbor, ME | The Jackson Laboratory
The Kaczorowski Lab at The Jackson Laboratory is seeking a Postdoctoral Associate to investigate mechanisms underlying susceptibility and resilience to normal aging and Alzheimer’s disease (https://www.neuro-central.com/2018/09/19/risk-resilience-understanding-role-genetics-alzheimers-disease/). Dr. Kaczorowski is an Associate Professor and the Evnin Family Endowed Chair in Alzheimer’s Research at the Jackson Laboratory – a research institution specializing in genetics and genomics in order to discover solutions for disease. We are seeking an Associate Research Scientist to support our ongoing research program and to develop new research projects. Our group primarily focuses on mechanisms of learning and memory, as well as genetic diseases of aging (Alzheimer’s and related dementias). The successful candidate will continue and extend studies of the molecular signatures that underlie learning and memory, and disease-related pathological changes in translational models of Alzheimer’s disease. The applicant must be a team player with exceptional organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, schedule, and successfully carry out multiple projects at the same time. In addition to experimental studies, the applicant is expected to participate in manuscript preparation and grant writing, and will be strongly encouraged to obtain independent funding.
- Ph.D. in neurogenetics, neurophysiology, neurobiology, or other relevant field
- Three (3) years of postdoctoral training or equivalent research experience, and demonstrated meritorious scientific performance.
- Strong publication record (two or more peer-reviewed publications).
- Ability to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner, prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality, and work as part of a team.
- Laboratory background with appropriate work experience or with proven ability for practical application of theoretical knowledge.
- Proven ability to analyze and synthesize information, and demonstrated resourcefulness in finding appropriate solutions to problems and initiative in presenting alternatives and implementing solutions to ensure effective change and/or eliminate or mitigate potential negative effects.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, schedule, and successfully carry out multiple projects at the same time to successful conclusion with minimal supervision.
- Quality orientated including delivering accuracy and attention to detail.