Post-Doctoral Fellow Research - Perez Lab, Arms + Hands, Full-time
The Post-Doctoral Fellow, Research will assist in the design, development, execution, and implementation of scientific research and/or development in collaboration with a research team.
The Post-Doctoral Fellow, Research will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Post-Doctoral Fellow, Research will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
Principal Responsibilities The Post-Doctoral Fellow, Research:
- Ensures the design, development, execution and implementation of scientific research and/or development in collaboration with a research team.
- Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and theories to potential inventions and products.
- Maintains substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories.
- Assists with development of collaborative projects within and outside the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab and test ideas for new projects development.
- Applies for fellowships and grants for external lab funding and career development.
- Participates weekly lab meetings, journal clubs and seminars.
- Builds and maintains a well-organized and accountable journal of own laboratory protocols, experiments, results and analyses.
- Develops, submits and publishes results of research projects scientific journals and presents data to public conferences/seminars when needed.
- Performs all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- Requires the academic knowledge associated with a doctorate degree
- Less than 4 years of postdoctoral training.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- General knowledge or interest in rehabilitation and specific knowledge in biomedical or clinical principles.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills needed to participate as a creative member of a growing research team.
- Ability to exchange ideas and to work closely with clinicians, patients and professional organizations.
- Willingness to network within the Institute and to independently strengthen/develop new external collaborations.
- Ability to timely plan and to coordinate project completions.
Reports directly to the assigned Principal Investigator.
Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
About Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is the global leader in physical medicine and rehabilitation for adults and children with the most severe, complex conditions. By joining our team, you will be part of our life-changing Mission and Vision. You’ll work in a truly inclusive environment where diversity and equity are championed through words and actions. You’ll contribute to an innovative culture that is second to none, one that embraces curiosity, discovery and compassion. You’ll play a role in something that’s never been done before as we integrate science and clinical care to help patients achieve better, faster outcomes — as we Advance Human Ability, together.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.