Scientist I/II, Translational Neuroscience
BlueRock Therapeutics, a wholly-owned and independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG, is a leading engineered cell therapy company using its unique cell+gene platform to direct cellular differentiation and genetically engineer cells to create a new generation of cellular medicines that address large patient populations suffering from neurological, cardiovascular, and immunology diseases.
The convergence of cell biology and genetic engineering is creating fundamental new ways to impact disease. Founded in 2016 to capitalize on these technological breakthroughs, we are advancing our novel cell+gene platform to develop, manufacture, and deliver an entirely new generation of authentic and engineered cell therapies across three therapeutic areas: neurology, cardiology, and immunology
What Are We Doing?
Our foundational science harnesses the ability to create and then direct the differentiation of universal pluripotent stem cells into authentic, functional cells that can be used as allogeneic cellular therapies to treat a broad array of diseases. We can also further engineer these cells, enabling them to produce enzymes, antibodies, and other proteins for additional therapeutic benefit.
We are passionate about delivering on the promise of cellular and gene therapy, shaping the future of cellular medicine, and delivering new therapies to millions of patients with treatment options.
We are seeking individuals who are collaborative, thrive in a fun and dynamic culture, and are steadfast in the commitment to advance cutting-edge cellular therapies to impact patients’ lives. The New York, USA site is seeking a Scientist in the Division of Neurology in Translational Neuroscience.
The incumbent will be a technical contributor in a dynamic and progressive team pioneering the differentiation and purification of therapeutic cells from pluripotent stem cells. Hands on experience in the development of scalable cell culture and cell processing methods/technologies is essential. He/She will work closely with Assay and Biomarker development and In Vivo Sciences teams.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented scientist to contribute to bringing a new class of medicines to patients and gain valuable career experience in translational medicine. Collaboration with a highly-motivated, world-class team of scientists and engineers promises an exciting and engaging work environment for motivated, self-starting candidates.
· Independently plan, set up and execute electrophysiology experiments and or monitor out-sourced studies.
· Develop novel assays and explore new platforms to address project deliverables and background knowledge about phenotypic assays.
· Critical/analytical thinking; expertise in complex data interpretation and designing follow up experiments.
· A good combination of independent and team player.
· A background in in vitro experiments for differentiation, characterization and cultivation of pluripotent stem cells and derivatives is a plus.
· Analyze, visualize, and document experimental data in electronic laboratory notebooks in a timely and accurate manner.
· Prepare and follow standard operating procedures, batch records, reports, and other documentation.
· Organize and present scientific data to peers at internal platforms.
· This position requires occasional overtime on the weekend and after hours.
· PhD in Neuroscience, Pharmacology, Physiology, Biomedical Sciences, Molecular Biology, Neuroscience, Stem Cell Biology with 2-3 years of full-time lab experience.
· Experience with in vitro and ex-vivo (cell lines, primary neurons, slice electrophysiology, MEA, optogenetics). Background in in vivo electrophysiology is a plus.
· Understanding of cell characterization methods and technologies (e.g., flow cytometry, qPCR, immunoassays, microscopy, molecular biology) and high content imaging is a plus.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills.
· Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Knowledge about cell culture system (monolayer, cocultures and spheroid/organoid culture system a plus.
Equal Opportunity Workplace: At BlueRock, we welcome and support differences and diversity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation or other grounds protected by human rights legislation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs