Neuroscience Institute Executive Director
On behalf of the Medical College of Wisconsin, Froedtert Health, and Children’s Wisconsin, CareerPhysician, a leader in executive search and leadership development for leading academic medical centers is pleased to inform you of the inception of an international search for a visionary leader who will serve as the inaugural Executive Director for the organizations’ newly created Neuroscience Institute (NSI) and will assume the senior leadership role for the health system’s neuroscience service line. This is a transformative opportunity to lead in the establishment and implementation of the vision and strategic plan that will guide the collective neuroscience program into the future. With the current commitments to resources and infrastructure, we believe this opportunity to be among the elite legacy leadership opportunities available in academic neuroscience.
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is seeking leaders that align with a highly collegial culture committed to diversity and inclusion. Candidates should possess high emotional intelligence, proven relationship development skills in highly matrixed organizations, strong financial acumen, entrepreneurial skills and instincts, a strong passion for community engagement, philanthropy, and a comprehensive academic mission. Candidates must hold MD or DO, MD/PhD or PhD, be Board Certified in their respective specialty and be eligible for permanent, unrestricted licensure in the state of Wisconsin. The successful applicant will possess extensive experience in the neurosciences and academic accomplishments that would qualify them for appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor level at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Key opportunity highlights:
- Direct the development and implementation of a NSI strategic plan that will guide the organizations rise to a Top 10 program nationally in ten years.
- Opportunity to build on the strengths of the established neuroscience initiatives in neurotrauma, neuro-oncology, epilepsy, neurovascular, movement disorders, neurodegenerative disease inclusive of nationally respected stroke and behavioral health programs, and neurorehabilitation.
- Lead philanthropic efforts for the NSI that result in achieving the stated goal of raising $100 million dollars for the neurosciences by 2030.
- Opportunity to guide the integration of all facets of the neuroscience program into one cohesive matrixed initiative including committed resources to foster collaborative recruitment efforts to attract world-class faculty talent.
- Partner with the Dean of the School of Medicine at MCW (SOM) and the Neuroscience Research Center (NRC) Director to maximize resources for neuroscience research, build cohesive teams that support excellence in research, ensure robust clinical programs to support clinical and translational research in neurosciences, and participate with the NRC and Dean of the SOM in developing and implementing the neuroscience research strategic plan.
- NRC is nationally respected for innovative neuroscience research with special acclaim in synaptic plasticity, neurodegeneration, neuroprotection and neurotrauma, mechanisms of drug addiction, vision, pain pathways, cognition, anesthetic action, and neurodevelopment.
- Neuroscience and NRC efforts are bolstered by the MCW Center for Imaging Research, a nationally respected imaging core known for the most advanced instrumentation for the study of brain function using fMRI via a GE 3T Premier and a 7T Clinical Magnet and 9.4T Animal Magnet dedicated exclusively to research endeavors.
- Establish strong working relationships and aligned fiscal commitment to the neurosciences from MCW, Froedtert Health, Children’s Wisconsin, and the Zablocki VA with an unsurpassed regional reputation as evidenced by service and quality metrics, national benchmarks (e.g., U.S. News ranking) and clinical volumes.
- Highly competitive compensation, benefits, and programmatic resource package for the selected candidate.
- Milwaukee was ranked in the top 3 of “Up-And-Coming” places to live in the United States by U.S. News & World Report. The community boasts diverse options for arts, entertainment and recreation and serves as the corporate headquarters for industry leaders including Northwestern Mutual, Johnson Controls, Manpower, Harley Davidson, and others.
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Nominations and applications, including current curriculum vitae and a cover letter stating qualifications and reasons for interest in the role, may be submitted to Wesley Millican, MBA, CEO and Physician Talent Officer, CareerPhysician, C/O Kerry Henry at Kerry@careerphysician.com. All interactions will remain confidential, and no inquiries will be made without the consent of the applicant.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment whose qualifications are commensurate with anticipated job responsibilities and position requirements will be considered and treated equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity and/or expression, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic.