Postdoctoral Research Associate
A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Akira Yoshii (http://www.anatomy.uic.edu/research/yoshii.html), in the Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology at the University of Illinois Chicago.
What we study:
1. Activity dependent synapse formation and synaptic plasticity of glutamate synapse.
2. Mechanisms that regulate trafficking and palmitoylation of synaptic proteins.
3. Cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying neurodevelopmental disorders, with a special focus on tuberous sclerosis complex.
Who we are looking for:
- Holds a Ph.D. or M.D. with strong background in neuroscience or cellular and molecular biology.
- Has a strong interest in synaptic plasticity and neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Has an expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Molecular biology and biochemistry
- Cellular imaging in live neurons
- Small animal surgery (viral injection, in utero electroporation,etc.)
- Two photon microscopy
- Behavioral analysis (sociability and memory tasks) in rodent
- Has passion in her/his own research and has excellent skills to communicate with other scientists.
How to apply:
Please submit a brief statement of your previous achievements (1 page), future research interests and career goal (1 page), a copy of your CV (max 3 pages) and contact details for 2-3 referees (name, work address, phone, email) in a single PDF document to email@example.com
This opportunity includes competitive salary and benefits. The scientific environment encourages and facilitates collaborations throughout UIC and the Chicago Neuroscience community. This position is available immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899
Akira Yoshii, M.D. Ph.D.
Department of Anatomy & Cell Biology, Pediatrics and Neurology
University of Illinois at Chicago
808 South Wood Street
Rm. 578 MC 512 Chicago IL 60612