Postdoctoral Associate - Mangelsdorf & Kliewer Lab
We are currently looking for a driven, highly skilled Postdoctoral Associate to work in the laboratory of Dr. David Mangelsdorf and Dr. Steven Kliewer at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas. The Mangelsdorf/Kliewer lab works on neuroendocrine signaling as it relates to metabolism and behavior and studies two signal transduction pathways that offer new therapeutic potential for treating diseases such as diabetes, obesity, cancer, and parasitism. For more information about the lab’s research, please visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/labs/mangelsdorf-kliewer/
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented scientist who can commit to a long-term appointment (3+ years) with the lab, manage an independent research project that involves tracing neuronal activity in the brain, contribute to publications, and potentially supervise/mentor more junior lab team members based on interest and capability. The ideal candidate will preferably have experience in the neurobiology field working with state-of-the-art methods to map neuronal circuits using rodent models.
A Ph.D. in neurobiology, neuroscience, or a closely related field is required.
Experience in the neurobiology field mapping neuronal circuits is preferred.
Experience working with rodent models is preferred.
Experience in optogenetics is preferred.
Please include the following items as part of your application (preferably as one PDF):
- Your curriculum vitae including list of publications
- A cover letter
- A list of three professional references with up-to-date contact information
HHMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Graduate School or University Postdoctoral Researcher Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury jobs in Dallas
- Medical, Veterinary or Dental School Postdoctoral Researcher Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury jobs in Dallas
- Non-profit Institution / Non-governmental Org. Postdoctoral Researcher Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury jobs in Dallas