Postdoctoral Fellow in Neuroscience - The University of Texas at Austin
The Department of Neuroscience at UT Austin is recruiting a Postdoctoral Fellow to work on a project using electrophysiology, immunology and optical imaging techniques to study the structure and function of intact and repaired spinal cords in the Bittner Lab.
- Perform spinal cord surgeries (transection and/or rod drop) using PEG-fusion repair protocols.
- Behaviorally and immunohistologically test control and experimental animals and direct such testing by other employees.
- Design experimental approaches for repairing traumatic lesions to spinal cords in conjunction with PI.
- Help direct and train graduate and undergraduate assistants.
- Design and help write grant proposals in conjunction with PI.
- Maintain publishing record in top tier journals.
- Present work at leading conferences in the field.
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience or related field, received within the last three years.
- Experience in spinal cord surgery (of rats preferably), and behavioral testing of spinal cord injury.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Experience in Immunological and/or histological assay protocols.
- Professional demeanor and good interpersonal skills.
$54,000 + depending on qualifications
- May work around chemical fumes.
- May work around standard office conditions.
- May work around biohazards.
- May work around chemicals.
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation.
- Degree confirmation document, such as diploma
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest