Manager of In Vivo Microscopy and Cellular Imaging Core
We are seeking a Manager who will help with daily operations at the IDDRC Cellular Imaging core, an active and growing shared-use microscopy facility in the F.M. Kirby Neurobiology Research Center at Boston Children’s Hospital. This core serves the imaging needs of more than 70 laboratories in Boston Children’s Hospital and the Longwood medical area. In particular this manager would supervise research projects involving 2-photon in vivo and in vitro imaging.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with an interest in a career in biological sciences and/or core sciences who enjoy working collaboratively with other scientists and in teams. Candidates should be highly motivated, organized and have strong analytic skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong work ethic.
The Manager of In Vivo Microscopy and Cellular Imaging Core shall be responsible for:
- Providing support to scientists using the 2-photon microscopes
- Providing support to scientists in custom imaging services on microscopy instruments and/or image analysis software
- Providing support to scientists for stereotactic survival surgeries for in-vivo imaging experiments Managing day to day operations of the Core
- Partnering with Assistant Director to provide training and troubleshooting to Core users
- Working with Core Director and Assistant Director to set the future direction of the core, and to identify and acquire microscopy technology for the core.
- Acquiring data to write grants to raise funds for new instruments
- Working with vendors to organize instrument demonstrations and to negotiate service contracts
In order to qualify you must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Math, Physics, Optics, Science, Engineering, Neurobiology or Biology and a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Experience with optics or microscopy & survival stereotactic surgery
- Experience with animal surgeries and performing in vivo 2-photon imaging is a strong plus.
At Boston Children’s Hospital, the quality of our care – and our inclusive hospital working environment – lies in the diversity of our people. With patients from local communities and 160 countries around the world, we’re committed to reflecting the spectrum of their cultures, while opening doors of opportunity for our team. Here, different talents pursue common goals. Voices are heard and ideas are shared. Join us, and discover how your unique contributions can change lives.
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
More searches like this
- Hospital Healthcare Provider Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury jobs in Boston
- Independent Research Institute Healthcare Provider Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury jobs in Boston
- Non-profit Institution / Non-governmental Org. Healthcare Provider Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury jobs in Boston