Postdoctoral Fellow PhD
The Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Program at the Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a highly motivated individual as a full-time post-doctoral fellow in Dr. Chadi Calarge and Dr. Junqian Xu's neuroimaging laboratory. The postdoctoral fellow will be co-mentored by Dr. Calarge and Dr. Xu in clinical and technical aspects, respectively, of neuroimaging in adolescents with behavioral outcomes. Mentoring is a strong focus in Dr. Calarge and Dr. Xu's laboratories as demonstrated by prior successful pre-/post-doctoral fellowships awarded to the members in the laboratories. The Center for Advanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging (CAMRI) at Baylor College of Medicine is equipped with cutting-edge Siemens instruments dedicated to research. The equipment involved in this project includes a 3T Prisma scanner with 64ch head-neck coils. The candidate is expected to participate in data acquisition at CAMRI and be trained to gain working knowledge of MRI scanner operation and image quality assessment.
- Develops and applies advanced multi modal neuroimaging analysis strategies tailored to the adolescent population to characterize both healthy development and abnormal developmental traits in adolescents with and without iron deficiency, including the following imaging modality: 1. Resting-state functional MRI 2.Diffusion MRI, including tractography 3. Quantitative susceptibility mapping (QSM) 4. Arterial spin labeling (ASL) 5. Structural MRI for cortical myelination and segmentation of subcortical structures.
- Participates in data acquisition at CAMRI and be trained to gain working knowledge of MRI scanner operation and image quality assessment.
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- Establishes new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- Supervises laboratory operations.
- Supervises research staff.
- Ph.D in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- PhD in Psychiatry, Psychology, Neuroscience, Biomedical Engineering, or a related field.
- Background in neuroimaging data analysis.
- Proficiencies with neuroimaging analysis software (e.g., FSL, AFNI, SPM, FreeSurfer, Connectome workbench, etc.) and Shell Scripting.
- Experience with Python or R language.
All applicants should apply directly through the Baylor College of Medicine career site at https://jobs.bcm.edu/job/Houston-Postdoctoral-Fellow-%28PhD%29-Texa-77001/701757800/?locale=en_US.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.