Assistant/Associate Professor - Anatomy
At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to advance medicine that touches the lives of underserved communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians, health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals.
This position is located in Moultrie Georgia. To learn more about the great offerings surrounding Moultrie, click this link PCOM South Georgia. PCOM South Georgia is located in Colquitt County, which is known for its thriving agricultural industry, hunting preserves, and natural recreation areas. The area features affordable housing, an award-winning medical center, abundant recreation and entertainment options, a progressive school system, temperate climate, convenient location, and much more. Moultrie residents are only an hour away from the Florida state line and are within easy driving distance of the Gulf Coast (beaches!) and several of Florida's state parks.
PCOM South Georgia is seeking a qualified individual to educate Osteopathic medical students and Biomedical Masters students in Anatomy at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. PCOM is committed to preparing professionals for the ever-changing landscape of healthcare. We are looking for proactive, engaged, and innovative individuals to help define and shape the future of medical and scientific education.
Faculty members develop meaningful relationships with students for academic, career, and personal advising, and all faculty contribute to the PCOM’s mission through active participation on committees and other activities of the institution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Educate students in the clinically orientated anatomical sciences (gross, microscopic, embryological, neurologic) in the classroom and cadaver dissection lab.
- Create assessments for osteopathic and biomedical students.
- Serve in leadership and membership capacities on college and campus committees.
- Evaluate student progress in learning appropriate medical and scientific knowledge. Communicate these evaluations to the student and administrative/faculty members as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
* Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A Ph.D., M.D., or D.O. degree is required.
- Required experience in dissecting (trained in classical human anatomy dissection preferred) in an educational setting, preferably a medical school.
- Higher consideration will be given to applicants with expertise in neuroanatomy.
- Three (3) years of experience in medical education is preferred.
- Higher consideration will be given to applicants that have experience with problem-based or case-based learning, and distance learning.
- Experience in virtual and active learning is preferred.
- Experience in a collaborative approach to education is preferred.
- Open to non-traditional research (i.e. anatomical education).
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Heavy lifting
- Working within proximity of formaldehyde
All inquiries MUST include:
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of intent
- Statement of teaching philosophy
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.