7 days left
- Mid Level
Media/Marketing Administrator – Washington University School of Medicine / Department of Neuroscience
Exciting Opportunity to join the marketing team at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. The Department of Neuroscience is seeking a highly motivated Media/Marketing Administrator. This position will be responsible for working on the department website, coordinating social media sites, writing print and digital publications, and reporting department news. We are seeking candidates who possess a Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field and 3 plus years of marketing experience. Prior marketing and communications experience in a scientific or healthcare setting is preferred.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
For additional details and to be considered for this position, please visit our website at https://jobs.wustl.edu and apply to job ID 51502
- Develops, manages and updates website content using content management system (WordPress).
- Maintains events, bios and news on website ensuring information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Ensures consistent look and feel by promoting uniform messaging, formatting, imagery and design.
- Works with Medical Public Affairs to rectify problems and enhance websites with new tools.
- Coordinates the department’s social media marketing initiative, including Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and website updates.
- Writes, edits, and maintains content for social media outlets for the department, including blog entries and Facebook/Twitter updates
- Maintains a log of all social media initiatives and content managers related to the department
- Monitors conversations about the department on social media outlets/channels
Print and Digital Publications:
- Writes, produces and edits digital and print marketing communications materials, such as brochures, handouts, newsletters, campaigns etc. for internal and external use.
- Works in collaboration with Medical Pubic Affairs and Faculty Practice Plan to ensure brand and message alignment.
- Updates existing materials, including forms and requisitions as needed.
- Writes, edits, and collects news through external and internal sources, working with department faculty and Medical Public Affairs.
- Posts news items to platforms such as website.
- Maintains style, art work and brand guidelines.
- Maintains graphics and photograph files.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the DON Management Committee.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field and 3 plus years of marketing experience.
- Must be proficient at working within web content management systems.
- Prior marketing and communications experience in a scientific or healthcare setting is preferred.
- Experience with integrated digital communication strategies, including the use of social media, is preferred.
- Additional scientific background or degree is a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge with web content management systems, especially WordPress
- Experience with writing and editing user-friendly content for websites and marketing materials, particularly those focused on the sciences or healthcare
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge preferred design/layout experience (Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities, deadlines and deliverables simultaneously
- Knowledge of and appreciation for brand management best practices and the ability to employ them with regard the Washington University School of Medicine brand
- Ability to effectively create strong relationships with co-workers across functions and leverage both internal and external resources
- Ability to work independently and also to be a cooperative and effective team member