Researcher II (Human Neuroscience Lab Manager)
7 days left
Title: Researcher II (Human Neuroscience Lab Manager) Deadline to Apply: 04/30/2021 Job Category: Administrative/Professional Department: Anatomy-SMC College: School of Medicine-SMC Months of Appointment: 12 Position Summary:
The Department of Anatomy in the School of Medicine seeks applicants for Researcher II (Human Neuroscience Lab Manager) position. This is a twelve month, full time (100% FTE), term appointment in the Department of Anatomy in the School of Medicine – Southern Illinois University Carbondale. Anticipated start date of June 1, 2021 or as soon as possible. This position is a one year appointment. The continuation of appointment is dependent on periodic reviews of performance and subject to availability of funds.
Review of applications will begin April 30, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The individual will be responsible for scientific projects and lab work. Work will be performed independently, under direction.
Duties to include:
- Recruit, retain, and develop long-term relationships with human research participants that suffer from mood disorders.
- Supervision and training of undergraduate research assistants.
- Management of laboratory regulatory requirements including human subjects internal review board applications, and clinical trial management.
- Ordering supplies and maintaining both wet lab and behavioral lab spaces.
- Collection and processing of biological samples blood, saliva, hair, sweat, and post-mortem brain tissues.
- Development of functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) protocols.
- Collection and analysis of fMRI data.
- Analyze samples with enzyme linked immunosorbent assays (ELISA), and various mass spectrometry techniques.
- Data analysis with statistics software, including SPSS, R, STATA, Prism.
- Contribute to writing of scientific manuscripts and grant applications.
- Participates in meetings, training and other environmental, health and safety activities as required by SIU School of Medicine.
Applicants must have a B.S. in Physiology, Biology, Psychology, Neuroscience, or related field along with a minimum of two years relevant lab experience.
Candidates must be sensitive to the needs of underrepresented populations. Demonstrate, by actions, commitment to the mission and behavioral standards of the School of Medicine. Provide excellent service to both internal and external customers through collaboration and partnerships, compassion and respect, integrity and accountability, diversity and inclusion, as well as continuous learning and improvement.
References (please list 2 on the application) will be sent an email to upload a letter of reference. Please advise your references that the email request will come from email@example.com.
- M.S. in Physiology, Biology, Psychology, Neuroscience, or related field
- Experience with the preparation and management of internal review board applications.
- Experience with scientific writing for manuscript preparation and grant applications.
- Experience with one or more statistics software packages.
- Experience with computer coding in Matlab and/or Python.
- Experience managing diverse scientific teams.
- Experience with phlebotomy techniques for blood draws and biological tissue preparations and handling.
- Experience with wet lab techniques like ELISA.
General Information - College/Department: SIU School of Medicine (SOM) has its chief administrative unit and main campus in Springfield, IL, but has facilities and programs at multiple sites throughout central and southern Illinois. The SOM Carbondale campus is home to the basic science departments of Physiology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, and Anatomy for the School of Medicine. The Carbondale basic science departments offer a growing and interactive research environment with collaborative possibilities throughout the School of Medicine and with other departments on the SIU Carbondale campus.
For further information on SIU School of Medicine and Anatomy department, visit http://www.siumed.edu/ and https://www.siumed.edu/anatomy.
To apply please go to: https://jobs.siu.edu/staff/job-details-staff?jobID=11744&job=researcher-ii-human-neuroscience-lab-manager
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Contact: Keith Sudheimer
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone #: 618-453-1563