Post-doctoral Research Associate in Pain Neurophysiology
The Pain and Stress Lab (www.KolberLab.com) in the Department of Neuroscience and Center for Advanced Pain Studies (paincenter.utdallas.edu) is soliciting applications for a full-time postdoctoral research associate with training in electrophysiology (slice physiology). We are interested in studying the physiology that drives brain modulation of visceral pain in mice. The laboratory combines a variety of state-of-the-art approaches (optogenetics, in vivo recording, pharmacology, behavior, in vivo imaging) to investigate complex system-level questions related to the integration of pain and stress in mice and the application of those findings in human studies.
Candidates must have a PhD in neuroscience, pharmacology, biology, physiology or an equivalent field. Additional requirements include excellent interpersonal skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; strength in team building; a commitment to development of and scholarly participation in pain and stress research programs at the University of Texas at Dallas and in the greater Dallas Fort Worth area.
The University of Texas at Dallas is a R1 research institution with one of the largest undergraduate neuroscience majors in the country. A strong pain group anchors the neuroscience community and provides opportunities for cross-disciplinary research and for additional post-doctoral training outside of the lab (e.g. mentoring, administration, education and teaching).
We highly encourage applicants whose backgrounds encompass diversity in culture, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and economic background to apply.
Additional Information can be found at https://jobs.utdallas.edu/postings/15560
More searches like this
- Biotech or Pharmaceutical Postdoctoral Researcher Sensory Systems jobs in Dallas
- Graduate School or University Postdoctoral Researcher Sensory Systems jobs in Dallas
- Independent Research Institute Postdoctoral Researcher Sensory Systems jobs in Dallas
- Medical, Veterinary or Dental School Postdoctoral Researcher Sensory Systems jobs in Dallas
- Non-profit Institution / Non-governmental Org. Postdoctoral Researcher Sensory Systems jobs in Dallas