Neurobiology Research Associate
Inscopix, a discovery phase neurotechnology company, is expanding its business and building-out its Science and Engineering teams. We are seeking a talented, creative, and self-motivated Neurobiology Research Associate who is passionate about pursuing groundbreaking brain science and developing the next generation of breakthrough innovations for the neuroscience research market.
As a Neurobiology Research Associate, you will be a key member of the Science team and involved in developing novel approaches and new tools for measuring large-scale neural circuit activity in freely behaving animals. You will develop methods and conduct testing required to manufacture commercial products, open applications, and create support recommendations. You will have the unique opportunity to work and thrive in an interdisciplinary environment of top-notch scientists and engineers.
- Conduct all aspects of research studies including experimental planning and design, surgeries, data acquisition (e.g., in-vivo imaging) and post-mortem assessments
- Perform data analysis and documentation of all experimental results
- Manage animal colonies and necessary equipment/supplies to perform research studies
- BS/MS in Neuroscience or in a related field with at least 2 years of lab-based experience
- Excellent surgical skills, including stereotaxic injections and/or chronic implantations
- Experience with post-mortem tissue processing and immunohistochemistry
- Experience with rodent handling, breeding, genotyping and behavioral assays
- Experience maintaining inventory and ordering lab supplies
- A desire to work with highly collaborative interdisciplinary teams
- Detailed-Oriented - ability to develop detailed plans and then execute on those plans
- Priority-Minded - ability to identify and execute on only the most important issues
- Sense of Urgency - ability to know when to act quickly to proactively solve problems
- Experience working with both mice and rats
- Experience working with miniscope calcium imaging
- Experience with viral and transgenic technology
- Experience with chronic, behaving in-vivo electrophysiology, imaging and/or optogenetics
- Experience developing lab standard operating procedures and protocols
- Matlab programming and data analysis expertise
Please forward cover letter and resume
Inscopix is a neurotechnology company developing a platform and full stack for real-time brain mapping. Our vision at Inscopix is to drive new treatments to dramatically improve the health and well-being of people suffering from debilitating brain and nervous system disorders. Inscopix’s flagship products, nVista and nVoke, have been deployed in over 400 research institutions across the world resulting in over 100 top-tier scientific publications and empowering breakthroughs in Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, psychiatric disorders, chronic pain, and addiction. Based in Palo Alto, the Inscopix team brings together deep domain expertise in neuroscience, engineering, and data science. Advised and backed by industry luminaries and investors, Inscopix has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and by Deloitte as one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies.
Inscopix is an equal employment opportunity employer.