Postdoctoral Positions in Systems Neuroscience
*** IMPORTANT: DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION VIA THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE READ THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT BELOW TO LEARN HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION. ***
Who we are:
The Yang Lab at the University of California-Riverside is seeking candidates to fill 1-2 postdoc positions. We are especially looking for candidates with slice electrophysiology experience. Our lab is uniquely positioned to combine state-of-the-art recording and manipulation techniques with computational modeling to address questions in systems neuroscience.
Our current research is focused on the functions of subcortical neuromodulatory circuits (e.g., McBurney-Lin et al., Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews 2019; McBurney-Lin et al., Neuropharmacology 2020; Yang et al., eLife 2021). We employ multi-disciplinary approaches, including in vivo patch-clamp and multi-channel electrophysiology, calcium imaging, optogenetics, quantitative animal behavior and computational modeling to understand the cellular and circuit mechanisms underlying neuromodulatory regulation of sensory processing and decision-making in mice.
Who you are:
- Ph.D. degree or equivalent in neuroscience or related disciplines
- Solid experience in slice electrophysiology or in vivo calcium imaging
- Highly self-motivated
- Less than 3 years of postdoctoral training are preferred
What we offer:
- Excellent opportunities to advance your academic career
- Excellent training in technical and analytical skills
- Vibrant and dynamic research environment
- Collaborations with neural computation, human brain imaging and biophysics labs in California and other international institutes
- Above NIH-pay-scale postdoc salary
How to apply:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
UCR is an EEO/AA/ADA/Vets employer.
Apply for Postdoctoral Positions in Systems Neuroscience
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly