Postdoc Fellow in Motor Control at Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
The Perez Lab within the Arms & Hands Lab at the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is seeking a postdoctoral fellow to work on experimental research in spinal cord injury (SCI) therapeutics and recovery. Applicants with experience in electrophysiology and/or neuroimaging are encouraged to apply. Our current studies evaluate how the brain and spinal cord contribute to the control of movement in healthy human and in people with paralysis due to SCI and use this information to develop more efficient therapies. We are also investigating neural mechanisms contributing to the development of spasticity and muscles spasms in muscles below the injury. The Postdoctoral Fellow will function as a member on a multidisciplinary team at the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab, under the supervision of Dr. Monica Perez.
- Requires the academic knowledge associated with a doctorate degree
- Less than 7 years of postdoctoral training.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Applicant with knowledge in physiology, biomechanics, motor control, exercise physiology, physical therapy, and/or neural engineering are encouraged to apply.
- General knowledge in rehabilitation to improve patient function, specifically in the areas of complex arm/hand and reaching skills.
- Ability to exchange ideas and to work closely with clinicians, patients and professional organizations.
- Willingness to network within the Institute and to independently strengthen/develop new external collaborations.
- Ability to timely plan and to coordinate project completions.
The application should include the candidate’s CV with the list of publications, a statement of interests, and the names and contact information of at least three professional referees.
Apply for Postdoc Fellow in Motor Control at Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Hospital Postdoctoral Researcher Motor Systems jobs in Chicago
- Independent Research Institute Postdoctoral Researcher Motor Systems jobs in Chicago
- Medical, Veterinary or Dental School Postdoctoral Researcher Motor Systems jobs in Chicago
- Non-profit Institution / Non-governmental Org. Postdoctoral Researcher Motor Systems jobs in Chicago