Scientist I-IV, Neuroscience R & D
Exicure, Inc. (Nasdaq: XCUR), a pioneer in gene regulatory drugs utilizing spherical nucleic acid (SNA™) constructs, is seeking an experienced and independently motivated scientist to join its expanding neuroscience department. This dynamic position is suited for an individual who possesses a strong background in preclinical in vitro and in vivo neurobiology and thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for conceptualizing, executing & analyzing experiments as a member of a cross-disciplinary team focused on developing and advancing central nervous system (CNS) programs. Title will be commensurate with experience.
- Lead scientist on multiple preclinical CNS programs.
- Broad integration of feedback from other development functions and ability to translate scientific hypotheses into rigorous and innovative study designs.
- Identify and/or develop & validate in vitro and in vivo assays and technologies to evaluate efficacy, PK/PD relationships and relevant biomarkers (established and novel) to characterize drug candidates.
- Design, execute, and interpret experiments centered around RNA therapeutics and nucleic acid technologies.
- Present data internally and at scientific conferences.
- Function in a team environment by effectively collaborating within and across departments.
Education / Experience:
- Minimum 2 years post-Ph.D. in a biotech or pharmaceutical organization.
- Ph.D. in neuroscience (preferred), cellular biology, genetics, biochemistry, molecular biology or related field.
- Ability to communicate plans effectively to senior management and external stakeholders to align on program strategy.
- Curious, comfortable with ambiguity, eager to solve problems, results oriented, and a ‘sense of urgency’ to complete tasks and achieve goals.
- Substantial experience with CNS dysfunction and/or neurodegeneration.
- Substantial experience with iPSC and induced neuron biology – generation, maintenance, and differentiation.
- Strong expertise in mRNA and DNA isolation (cells/tissue) and quantification techniques.
- Familiarity with various imaging techniques, including IHC and ICC.
- Knowledge of antisense, siRNA or related therapeutic approaches is strongly preferred.
- Experienced with a wide variety of biochemical techniques, including Western blot, immunoassays and phase separations.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent communication and presentation abilities.