Postdoctoral Scientist or Research Associate (Alzheimer's Disease)
A neuroscience lab in the Department of Anatomy at Howard University has two exciting positions immediately available for ambitious scientists to investigate neural circuit mechanisms underlying olfactory processing and neuromodulation of behaviors in health and neurodegenerative disorders including Alzheimer's disease. Projects in the lab capitalize on cutting edge technologies including optogenetics and chemogenetics integrated with in vitro and in vivo neurophysiology, in vivo calcium imaging, or behavioral measurements to reveal functional mechanisms, neuroanatomy and immunohistochemistry combined with confocal microscopy to decipher circuit organizational principles in the central nervous system, etc.
- Ph.D. in neuroscience or related disciplines.
- Strong motivation to learn new technologies and achieve scientific or career goals.
- Work experience in either in vitro or in vivo electrophysiology is preferred but not required.
- Conduct a wide variety of research experiments and procedures (in vitro or in vivo electrophysiology combined with optogenetics, calcium imaging in animal brain subregions, immunohistochemistry, behavioral tests integrated with chemogenetics, viral microinjection, brain slice preparation, confocal microscopy, et al.) with others or independently.
- Collect, maintain, organize, and analyze research data, report and present experimental findings to the lab group and at scientific meetings.
- Write abstracts & manuscripts for peer-reviewed publications.
- Assist the PI in preparing progress reports, presentations and meetings as required by the projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Apply for Postdoctoral Scientist or Research Associate (Alzheimer's Disease)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Graduate School or University Research Staff / Technical Director Sensory Systems jobs in Washington D.C.
- Medical, Veterinary or Dental School Research Staff / Technical Director Sensory Systems jobs in Washington D.C.
- Non-profit Institution / Non-governmental Org. Research Staff / Technical Director Sensory Systems jobs in Washington D.C.