Do you want to join an incredible team looking to revolutionize the treatment of neurodegenerative and aging-related diseases? We are seeking a talented, creative, and self-motivated Medicinal Chemist who is passionate about pursuing groundbreaking science and developing the next generation of breakthrough innovations.
The successful candidate will bring specific knowledge in designing, implementing and executing medical chemistry strategies. We are seeking an independent and dynamic medicinal chemist to drive the advancement of projects with creativity in the rapid pace of a startup environment.
• Lead Medicinal Chemistry role strategies
• Analyze data and provide timely and well-organized reports to project teams and senior management team forums
• Experience in outsourcing and management of CRO teams including Medicinal Chemistry, Biology and Pharmacology functions.
• Collaborate effectively with other departmental managers and functions.
Experience / Education
• Doctoral degree (PhD) or equivalent in synthetic organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry
• 4-10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with a strong track record of scientific innovation, and delivery of clinical candidates preferred
• Knowledge of the drug R&D processes, expertise in ADME/PK, pharmacology, CMC, formulations and computational chemistry
• Experience with early-stage projects and knowledge of Hit to Lead stage, SAR supporting Lead Optimization efforts are preferred
• Experience in outsourcing MedChem and Screening efforts highly preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
• Demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, independent thought, and ability to effectively collaborate with others
• The ability to work and influence drug discovery cross-functional teams is essential
• The candidate should enjoy working in a highly collaborative fast-paced interdisciplinary environment as well as strong managerial and organization skills in an outsourced setting