Senior Project Manager, Science & Research Initiatives
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
Reporting to the Vice Provost for Research and/or other university leaders as designated, the Project Manager provides high-level, wide-ranging, and often confidential strategic project management in support of the University’s Science Strategy Initiatives and associated Institutes. Develops project plans, proposes communications strategies, executes a wide variety of projects and special initiatives, and monitors progress. Serves as an aide to the Vice Provost and Institute Directors and acts as their conduit and liaison to various university stakeholders, including the Office of the Provost, Office of Development, Deans and Graduate and Professional Schools, and relevant Science Initiative Institutes, Centers and Departments regarding the projects related to the vision and goals of the university-wide Science Strategy Initiatives. Monitors project budgets, assists with faculty recruitment, helps manage programs and events, oversees administrative processes for internal grants, supplementary funds for core facilities, and postdoctoral, graduate, and undergraduate fellowships. Maintains a high level of knowledge of initiatives and academic priorities and serves as a content resource to colleagues in offices across campus, including Development, Business Operations, and others.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and five years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to independently, proactively, and creatively initiate, manage, and complete high-level and large-scale, often confidential or sensitive projects. Strong organizational skills and research capabilities with clear attention to detail.
- Consensus-oriented leadership skills with experience supporting and working effectively with senior leadership, faculty and administrators in an academic setting, or equivalent high-level staff in a non-academic setting.
- Strong written and oral communications skills and proficiency in communicating appropriately with multiple constituencies, including diverse faculty, high-level administrators, staff, students and, community members. external stakeholders. Experience drafting effective internal and external communications and presentations.
- Ability to organize, analyze, and interpret complex data sets and financial information. Advanced computer skills in word processing and spreadsheets, ideally with familiarity in business software systems and scripting or programming.
- Proven team player with skills to prioritize work, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with sometimes unusual or unpredictable hours without sacrificing quality of work product.
- Preferred Education and Experience: PhD in the sciences, preferably in biology, psychology, computer/data science, or related field strongly preferred.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/YaleCareers-63530BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.