Senior Scientist, Translational Neuroscience
Who is BlueRock?
BlueRock Therapeutics, a wholly-owned and independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG, is a leading engineered cell therapy company using its unique cell+gene platform to direct cellular differentiation and genetically engineer cells to create a new generation of cellular medicines that address large patient populations suffering from neurological, cardiovascular, and immunology diseases.
The convergence of cell biology and genetic engineering is creating fundamental new ways to impact disease. Founded in 2016 to capitalize on these technological breakthroughs, we are advancing our novel cell+gene platform to develop, manufacture, and deliver an entirely new generation of authentic and engineered cell therapies across three therapeutic areas: neurology, cardiology, and immunology.
What Are We Doing?
Our foundational science harnesses the ability to create and then direct the differentiation of universal pluripotent stem cells into authentic, functional cells that can be used as allogeneic cellular therapies to treat a broad array of diseases. We can also further engineer these cells, enabling them to produce enzymes, antibodies, and other proteins for additional therapeutic benefit.
We are passionate about delivering on the promise of cellular and gene therapy, shaping the future of cellular medicine, and delivering new therapies to millions of patients with treatment options.
We are seeking individuals who are collaborative, thrive in a fun and dynamic culture, and are steadfast in the commitment to advance cutting-edge cellular therapies to impact patients’ lives.
As part of BlueRock’s continued growth and drive toward the clinic, we are seeking to hire a Senior Scientist of Translational Neurosciencethat will be in our New York City operation. The candidate will be a key scientific and technical contributor for the generation and understanding of BlueRock’s authentic cells, derived from pluripotent stem cells. This includes the Dopaminergic Neuron Research Program and other development candidates. He or she will manage an internal team of scientists and technicians and will report to the Director of Translational Neuroscience.
- Develop and perform experiments to create, identify and characterize transplanted neuronal populations, such as dopaminergic neurons
- Supervise and manage a small team of scientists and researchers
- Prepare and present hypotheses, on-going progress reports, technical reports, and future plans
- Prepare and manage Standard Operating Procedures
- Analyze and document experimental data in electronic laboratory notebooks in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with the company quality management system
- Liaise with other teams, such as in vivo, computational core and assay & biomarker discovery team, as well as other functional team within BlueRock
- Attend and present corporate/scientific information at appropriate and relevant conferences and symposia.
- Contribute to building a culture that embraces scientific excellence, integrity, urgency, partnerships with key stakeholders and continuous learning/improvements.
- Ph.D. or M.D.
- Deep-geek knowledge of dopamine cell biology
- At least 2 years of post-graduate experience, 5+ years preferred
- Industry experience preferred
- Strong publication record in neuroscience
- Experience with both in vivo and in vitro techniques, e.g, functional and structural markers of cell function, in vivo ex vivo imaging techniques
- Proven ability to lead teams by example and promote company culture, adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
Other Relevant Information:
- Candidate will be working in office and controlled laboratory environments
- There is a risk of potential exposure to chemicals and biohazards consistent with somatic cell therapy culture
- Working in the laboratory requires mandatory use of personal protective equipment
- Understanding and compliance to an aseptic environment as required
Apply for Senior Scientist, Translational Neuroscience
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly