Scientist, Cellular and Organismal Physiology
Who we are:
Calico is a research and development company whose mission is to harness advanced technologies to increase our understanding of the biology that controls lifespan. We will use that knowledge to devise interventions that enable people to lead longer and healthier lives. Executing on this mission will require an unprecedented level of interdisciplinary effort and a long-term focus for which funding is already in place.
Calico is inviting applications from experimentalists who are excited to join an interdisciplinary team focused on the crosstalk among stress signaling pathways and organismal biology in disease and aging. The ideal candidate is a nimble and creative scientist who can deploy cutting edge technologies and design new tools to perturb and measure different cellular and metabolic states with spatial and temporal resolution in vitro and in vivo in rodents in a quantitative fashion. This position is for someone that can integrate diverse sources of information including various omics data to effectively answer biological questions.
- A PhD degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, neurobiology or related science, plus a completed postdoc or 3+ years of work experience
- The ideal candidate will have a strong record of productivity with impactful scientific publications and a track record of effective collaboration in complex projects
- Experience applying cutting edge ‘omic technologies such as bulk, single-cell RNA-seq, proteomics and metabolomics both in vitro and in vivo
- Experience developing and deploying molecular biology tools both in cells and in rodents
- Experience with cell-based assays in primary cell types, 3D-cultures or organoids including image-based platforms
- Data analytical and quantitative skills required. Knowledgeable of Python or R
- Must be capable of working independently but also be an effective team player and have excellent communication skills