- Entry Level
Want to see circuits in high resolution, or understand how synapse organization drives circuit function? Postdoctoral associate positions are available in the laboratory of Dr. Erik Bloss at The Jackson Laboratory in beautiful Bar Harbor, Maine. We study how neural circuits and synaptic connections relate to learning-related behaviors, and perform these studies with neuroanatomical, computational, behavioral, chemogenetic, and mouse genetic approaches. The Bloss Lab offers a challenging but supportive environment and is looking for new postdocs with a track record for publications.
For more information, please visit: https://www.jax.org/research-and-faculty/research-labs/the-bloss-lab
The successful candidate will be able to plan, develop, execute, and analyze an independent research project in a collaborative lab setting.
• M.D. or Ph.D. in biological or related sciences is required.
• Strong training background in neuroscience and mouse behavior is preferred;
• Other areas of experience/training include cell biology or genetics;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
• Self-motivated and career-oriented individual preferred;
• Experience in microscopy and image analysis;
• Minimum of one 1st author paper from graduate work.
To apply, a complete application must include a cover letter describing past research accomplishments, research interests, and career aspirations; a current CV; and the names of three references.