Senior Program Coordinator
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Program Coordinator. The Senior Program Coordinator provides complex daily oversight of programming for trainees at the Neuroscience Institute and in neuroscience-related departments through our cross-departmental programs. Specifically, the Senior Program Coordinator (1) develops and coordinates activities related to trainees (postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, and research associates) at the Neuroscience Institute, (2) provides administrative support for training and mentoring programs, and (3) provides support on special projects for the Director, Senior Executive Director, and Assistant Director, Education and Outreach Programs. Reporting to the Neuroscience Institutes Assistant Director, Education and Outreach Programs, the Senior Program Coordinator works closely with a wide variety of scientific and administrative staff at all levels and across numerous academic and corporate service departments to help ensure the highest quality training and mentoring for our students and fellows. The Senior Program Coordinator must be a creative thinker, a strong communicator, and aware of the strategic priorities of the Institute and NYU Langone. Someone who is well organized with strong interpersonal skills will be best suited for the role.
1. Support educational development and programming for trainees:
* Postdoctoral fellows:* Coordinate activities for the Neuroscience Institute Postdoctoral Program. This includes:* Developing and organizing a series of events for Neuroscience Institute postdoctoral fellows. In conjunction with the faculty head of the postdoctoral program, it will be the responsibility of the Senior Program Coordinator to identify areas of need for trainees and experts to present on each topic.
* Evaluating and analyzing the impact and effectiveness of the program and its individual events through surveys, town halls, and other means.
* Reporting on program expenses and managing spending based on an annual program budget.
* Collaborating with other departments and the Postdoctoral Office at NYULH to leverage all available resources and maximize the impact to postdoctoral fellows across NYU.
* Create a postdoc database and LinkedIn group to collect data on the current and previous fellows for tracking progress and success. Identify and keep track of appropriate goals and measures of success as defined by needs of the Institute and Postdoctoral Program leadership and the NIH.
* Facilitate the onboarding of postdocs, including coordinating with faculty, administrative staff, and central offices as needed.
* Research and distribute information on postdoctoral fellowships, awards, and funding opportunities to increase the number of independently funded postdoctoral fellows in the Neuroscience Institute.
* Graduate Students:* Serve as the main administrative point of contact for the graduate training program for both students and faculty* Work with the Sackler Institute of Graduate Biomedical Sciences to ensure all SOM trainees progress through milestones.
* Coordinate with harmonized program at Center for Neural Science to ensure program runs smoothly.
* Recruitment of Graduate Students, which includes:* Developing and updating promotional materials for the graduate programs
* Attending various national conferences and fairs to promote our programs. The Senior Program Coordinator will help identify new venues to increase the quality and diversity of applicants to the program
* Extensively planning and organizing two Open House weekends including initial reviews of applications, scheduling of interviews, oversight of numerous event logistics, and coordination with faculty, current students, administrative team and other NYU departments to ensure success.
* Maintain an up-to-date database tracking system for students, while in and after completing the graduate program. Identify and keep track of appropriate goals and measures of success as defined by needs of the graduate programs and the NIH.
* Develop new and innovative ways to track alumni including a LinkedIn group and surveys.
* Graduate student course support, which includes:* Working with project associate and faculty to organize upcoming courses, tracking faculty teaching effort, and providing onsite support as needed
* Providing course administrative support including student registration, course evaluations, and coordination of classes with central departments
* Overseeing a team member on day-to-day course support, and reporting to her manager as needed
* Support for NIH T32 grants.* Track appointees to T32 Training Grants housed in the Neuroscience Institute, including data collection and progress report preparation.
* Collaborate with PIs, Executive Director, and others in the preparation of competitive renewal applications of T32 grants, including compiling and formatting data for the tables, collection of faculty information, and drafts of narrative components.
* Manage and develop content for some T32 events, such as bi-monthly trainee meetings
* Grant support for Neuroscience and Physiology students as needed, including coordination with NI grant team, SPA, and CNS offices to ensure grants are submitted and administered.
2. Provide administrative support for cross-departmental training and mentoring programs:
* Oversee and administer the Leon Levy Fellowship in Neuroscience including:* Managing award application process across departments
* Organizing selection committee and running the selection meeting
* Maintaining the budget and ensuring compliance
* Oversee submission of reporting requirements, including organizing updates to the foundation from fellows and leadership
* Coordinate with Development Office to organize events with the foundation, including an annual site visit and the Leon Levy Symposium.
* Facilitate career development programming in conjunction with faculty co-Directors of Mentoring and leadership of the program
* Oversee the programmatic activities for DeNDriTeS, a R25 grant, which includes:* Developing surveys for data collection and analyses
* Developing programmatic activities for the grant, including identifying and coordinating partnerships as needed, such as with outside speakers, the National Research Mentoring Network, Office of Diversity Affairs, etc
* Coordinating student and faculty involvement in programs
3. Provide integral support to the Neuroscience Institute by participating in special projects and supporting the Neuroscience Institute Director and Executive Director as needed.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's degree in business administration, health care administration or related field. Minimum of four years of progressively responsible related experience including program/project coordination or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as World, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook. Familiar with Internet applications. Effective oral, written, communication, interpersonal skills. Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and must work and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers. Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently. Time management skills and ability to work well under pressure. Ability to multi task and project manage.
1. Bachelors degree in a relevant field (psychology, neuroscience, cell biology, genetics, etc.), with one or more years of work experience in a science-related field. PhD/MD degree is preferred.
2. Superb oral, written, organizational, and time management skills as well as strengths in multi-tasking and task prioritization.
3. Tact, diplomacy, and interpersonal skills. Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude while effectively meeting deadlines. Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and work and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers. Interest in working as part of a team.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Familiarity with internet applications, website management, report preparation, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, and database management tools (e.g., FileMaker Pro).
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online. If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: