Research Associate, CNS Discovery
CAMP4 is leveraging a proprietary gene regulation platform to discover medicines to treat a broad range of diseases. We are seeking a passionate Research Associate to join the CNS Discovery team at CAMP4 responsible for identifying and initiating novel drug development programs for the treatment of diseases of the CNS.
You will work closely with the CAMP4 Biology and Data Science teams to discover and validate novel therapeutic targets for a broad range of central and peripheral nervous system disorders. The ideal candidate will have expertise in developing complex human cell assays for target validation and mechanism of action studies to support drug discovery programs. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, team-oriented and collaborative individual with outstanding organizational and communication skills.
What you will do
- Develop robust differentiation, and scalable platforms to generate various types of functional neurons and glial cells from human iPSCs.
- Establish cellular, biochemical, and bioanalytic assays for target validation and screening assays.
- Contribute to the development and optimization of novel in vitro / ex vivo functional assays.
- Provide conceptual input into experimental design, integrated data analysis and communication of results to scientific teams and management.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental design and results.
- Support daily laboratory operation and maintenance including preparing and ordering necessary reagents and supplies, equipment maintenance and other periodic lab activities.
Who you are
- BS plus 5 years of experience OR MS degree (preferred) in biochemistry, molecular biology, or similar discipline with 2+ years of industry or academic research experience.
- Established expertise with the culture and differentiation of human iPSCs into neural lineages.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques including RNA isolation, QPCR; western blots, and ELISA a plus.
- Eagerness to develop and learn new technical skills.
- Team-oriented, highly motivated with a strong work ethic, ability to work productively in a fast-paced collaborative environment that requires a high level of organization and communication.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and time management skills.
Founded in 2016 and focused on a core mission of realizing a world with ‘an effective treatment option for every patient,’ CAMP4 Therapeutics evolved from seminal discoveries made by company founders Dr. Richard Young and Dr. Leonard Zon, characterizing the ways in which cellular machinery controls the expression of genes. Operating at the intersection of genomics, computational biology and data sciences, CAMP4 has extended this foundational work, creating a unique platform to amplify the value of cellular and genetic insights to better understand how gene expression is controlled within the nucleus in specific disease states. Using next-gen sequencing and proprietary methods, CAMP4 can identify de-risked druggable targets, produce actionable insights and improve therapeutic predictability, potentially addressing hundreds of diseases and benefiting millions of patients globally.
We sit at the intersection of technological innovation, emerging insight into basic gene control, and scientific ingenuity — uniquely positioned to build a self-sustaining, always innovating biotech company.