Director Translational Sciences
Director Translational Sciences
Cohen Veterans Bioscience (CVB) is seeking a Director in the Translational Sciences Department. Reporting to the CSO, the Director of Translational Sciences will provide strategic leadership in the support of the translational efforts in the department and in close collaboration with data sciences and the clinical programs.
Cohen Veterans Biosciences' mission is to accelerate the development of diagnostics and therapeutics in trauma-related disorders with its core activities centered about a biomarker-driven development classifications across the spectrum of omic technologies (proteomics, genomics, transcriptomics or metabolomics). The Director is expected to provide scientific leadership, management and direction of scientific programs managers as well as represent the department to internal and external stakeholders.
This position is based in our New York City office. Current authorization to work in the U.S. is required, sponsorship is not available.
- Assess and evaluate biomarker technologies across the spectrum of omics (proteomics, metabolomics, transcriptomics or genomics) in support of biomarker discovery and validation programs
- Develop and execute translational biomarker strategies in the context of statistical analysis plans
- Design and execute cross-platform evaluations and validate assay performance
- Manage a team of scientific program managers/directors
- Interface with other departments in a cross-functional matrix
- Present programs at internal review and strategy meetings
- Attend scientific meetings, prepare manuscripts, and deliver presentations of scientific findings.
- Participate with the Leadership Team to develop a strategic plan to guide the roadmap for Translational Sciences
- Share strategic vision with department head
- Oversee the effective day-to-day operation of the department
- Develop a strategic plan and roadmap which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic objectives of the overall organization
- Provide recommendations with respect to staffing requirements for program delivery
- Prepare and present an annual comprehensive budget
- Work with Leadership to secure adequate funding for the operation of the organization by contributing to sustainability and business models
- Other duties as assigned
- PhD in neuroscience or a related discipline
- Five or more years of management experience required in academia or industry/ biotech Develop and maintain automated data ingestion and data export pipelines.
- Subject matter expert in the field of translational sciences/ biomarker technologies
- Experience in non-profit organizations helpful
- Knowledge of current challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization
- Knowledge of project management
- Must possess strong capabilities for both strategic thinking and attention to detail.
- Must have strong decision-making and project management skills.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
- Excellent English communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time (post-COVID).
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is a non-profit research biotech dedicated to fast-tracking the development of diagnostics tests and targeted therapeutics for the millions of veterans and civilians who suffer from the devastating effects of trauma-related and other brain disorders.
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package.
Please visit https://cohenveteransbioscience.applicantpro.com to apply. Please include resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. A minimum of three references will be required.
CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer