4 days left
The Corneal Regenerative Medicine Laboratory of the Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science at the University of Illinois-Chicago is seeking a creative, independent and motivated postdoctoral fellow. The position will investigate the in vitro and in vivo structural and functional properties of normal and injured corneal nerves, offering a unique opportunity to gain experience in basic and translational research. Applicants with experience and interest in vision science, cell physiology, and neuroscience are encouraged to apply. Our Department is highly ranked at the national level and offers an interactive, collaborative, friendly, and stimulating environment. UIC is the largest and most diverse public university in Illinois that continues to grow and serve as a key driver in the economic vitality of the city and state.
- PhD or MD/PhD.
- Written and verbal communications skills, organizational skills, ability to work as a team.
- Background and knowledge of neurophysiology.
- At least one first author publication from PhD.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience in electrophysiology, animal surgeries, and imaging methods.
- Maintenance of the electrophysiology unit
- Performance of demanding in vivo recordings
- Analysis and interpretation of data.
- Writing detailed scientific reports.
Interested applicants should send a single PDF file including: Cover letter (describing research interests), CV and contact information for three references to Dr. Mark Rosenblatt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The University of Illinois conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of contingent offer employments. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Graduate School or University Postdoctoral Researcher Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury jobs in Chicago
- Hospital Postdoctoral Researcher Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury jobs in Chicago
- Independent Research Institute Postdoctoral Researcher Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury jobs in Chicago
- Non-profit Institution / Non-governmental Org. Postdoctoral Researcher Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury jobs in Chicago