Scientist / Electrophysiologist
1 day left
AnaBios is an innovative biotechnology company located in San Diego, California. Our scientists have developed a transformative novel technology that enables the pre-clinical assessment of drug safety and efficacy directly in human donor tissue. Unmatched access to viable human tissue and research capabilities, combined with insights from our experienced team, means AnaBios offers the unprecedented opportunity to predict human clinical responses for novel drug candidates and unlock new possibilities for drug discovery.
AnaBios is hiring a Research Scientist with expertise in tissue slice- and single cell- patch clamp electrophysiology to join our team in San Diego. We are in search of a highly motivated, creative scientist who will contribute to characterizing and elucidating the effects of novel therapeutics for pain, itch and central nervous system (CNS) disorders. This position’s primary function is to develop and run human spinal cord and brain slice electrophysiological assays, as well as manual patch clamp electrophysiology with dissociated human cells. In addition, the Research Scientist will contribute to the design and execution of contract research for our pharmaceutical partners. We are seeking an outstanding scientist with the potential to actively contribute to the continued development of our human tissue-based technology and tackle the new frontier in neurological disorders drug discovery. Expertise in slice electrophysiology is essential. The successful candidate will join a passionate, diverse and dedicated team focused on developing treatments for pain and CNS-related diseases. The ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment are essential prerequisites. This position reports to the Director of Operations and will be located in San Diego, California.
The Research Scientist position is a hands-on opportunity which will include, but not be limited to, the following tasks and responsibilities
- Perform experimental work in strict adherence to the specific protocols and SOPs in the context of contract research projects or internal R&D.
- Develop, implement, and validate new electrophysiology-based assays to capture critical endpoints predictive of clinical outcomes
- Data analysis and compilation of presentations and reports
- Contribute to the writing of research proposals, scientific articles, and grant applications
- Rigorous and accurate data and methods logging, laboratory notebook keeping and compliance with all established SOPs.
- Ph.D. or similar experience in neuroscience, neuropharmacology or related field. When adequate and qualifying prior experience could be demonstrated, we will also consider M.S. candidates. In-depth knowledge of electrophysiological techniques is essential.
- Excellent analytical skills allowing for qualitative and quantitative evaluation of complex data sets
- Passion for hands-on laboratory work, good problem-solving abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to adapt to rapidly changing projects and priorities as well as work in a team environment
- Dependable and able to meet deadlines and withstand the challenges and pressure of a fast-paced research environment
Apply for Scientist / Electrophysiologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly