Associate Scientist II/Scientist I, In Vivo Pharmacology Neuroscience
Key Responsibilities Include
- Working closely with pharmacology team members to help design and independently execute in vivo experiments to support drug discovery efforts including target identification, target validation and efficacy of novel molecules.
- Developing new technologies and methods to understand disease pathophysiology and target biology.
- Responsible for implementation of in vivo studies and data collection and presentation of results as needed
Position will be hired based on level of experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education with typically 2-5+ years of experience, or 0-2+ Master’s Degree or equivalent education.
- The candidate must have hands on experience conducting in vivo studies and should be skilled in dosing (e.g. -IV, IP, SC, RO) and rodent necropsy techniques.
- Experience with rodent surgery, including stereotaxic surgery/ injections, highly preferable, but not required.
- Experience working with transgenic models of neurodegenerative disease is a bonus.
- Ability to conduct studies under minimal supervision is required, with independent work expected on daily tasks.
- Strong organizational skills that enable multitasking and working within timelines required
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to work across functions and across sites.