The USC Keck School of Medicine - Alzheimer Therapeutic Research Institute (ATRI), located in San Diego, California is an academic institute comprised of an expert panel of scientific collaborators committed to advancing the development of new treatments for Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) through innovative clinical trials.
ATRI is looking for a Specialized Laboratory Technician to support the Biomarker Laboratory and Biorepository. Incumbent will perform a limited variety of non-standard experimental procedures involving biochemical, anatomical and molecular biology approaches to AD research. Responsibilities include:
- Receiving and processing fluid samples from human subjects as part of clinical trials.
- General lab support in a high throughput laboratory.
- Conduct bioassays on banked tissue and fluid samples from human subjects.
- Accurately record all experimental procedures and results while maintaining experimental procedures and results.
- Follow laboratory-specific standard operation procedures (SOP) for experimental techniques, safety and environmental issues as well as the use and maintenance of key laboratory equipment/machines, and the maintenance and use of the tissue culture rooms.
- Assist with maintaining up-to-date databases of all clinical samples and meet goals and objectives for the Biomarker Unit.
- Perform techniques with high accuracy, quality in order to limit/eliminate contamination.
- Comply with Health and Safety regulations.
- Comply with Environmental and Safety Codes.
- Assist with managing freezer inventory, record keeping of all supplies, order of supplies, develop supply order, delivery and maintenance procedures.
Location: San Diego, CA
Salary is dependent on education and experience.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
Minimum Experience: 4 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Degree in directly related specialized scientific field. Previous specialized laboratory experience, knowledgeable in use of specialized laboratory equipment. Working knowledge of lab procedures, techniques and testing related to specialized scientific field. Computer literacy.
Please apply directly on our website: https://usc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/ExternalUSCCareers/job/San-Diego-CA/Specialized-Laboratory-Technician_REQ20093857
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.