The USC Keck School of Medicine - Alzheimer Therapeutic Research Institute (ATRI), located in San Diego, California is an academic institute comprised of an expert panel of scientific collaborators committed to advancing the development of new treatments for Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) through innovative clinical trials.
Under general supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI), the incumbent will serve as a critical member of the Biomarker Unit by contributing to the development of plans for the research designs and methods that include making important original contributions pertaining to intervention development and implementation. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contribute original ideas of major methodological significance on research direction and data interpretation.
- Provides leadership and direction to lab staff and other personnel associated with the projects.
- Works independently on the development, execution and overall management of projects focusing on clinical trials in Alzheimer’s Disease (AD), banked tissue and fluid samples from human AD clinical trial subjects and the design and methodology of clinical trials.
- Position designs, develops, and analyses a variety of non-standard experimental procedures involving cellular, biochemical, anatomical and molecular biology approaches to AD research.
- Reads relevant literature, writes manuscripts for publications, abstracts scientific articles and directs the collection of clinical data, analyzing these data and contributes in preparation for publication or presentation of data.
- Ensures the lab safety with security related procedures and promotes and maintains standards for security conscious awareness and behavior.
- Responsible for screening applications, interviewing candidates and makes selection decisions and/or recommends individuals for hire.
Location: San Diego, CA
Salary is dependent on education and experience.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
Minimum Experience: 7 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Specialized, progressively responsible experience in laboratory instrumentation
Please apply directly on our website: https://usc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/ExternalUSCCareers/job/San-Diego-CA/Laboratory-Manager_REQ20094079-1
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.