NASA-funded Postdoctoral Scholar Position in Neuroscience and Molecular Genetics
The Lu lab (www.luneurolab.org) at Louisiana State University Health-Shreveport is seeking a talented and motivated postdoctoral fellow to spearhead an exciting NASA-funded research project aiming at the development of a novel genetic single-cell biodosimetry to predict clinical health outcomes in human spaceflight crews. Funded by NIH and NASA, research in Lu lab focuses on the molecular genetics of basal ganglia related neuropsychiatric disorders and the development of innovative neuroscience technologies. Lu lab employs genetic engineering, CRISPR/Cas mediated genome editing, BAC transgenesis, newly invented Mosaicism with Repeat Frameshift (MORF), wireless optogenetics, chemogenetic, multi-photon/super-resolution microscope imaging, mini-scope for in vivo imaging neuronal activity, deep learning augmented volume imaging, single-cell sequencing, and WGCNA network analysis. We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Recent Ph. D. in Neuroscience, Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, Physiology, or related field
- A track record of productivity and prior publications.
- Familiarity with molecular biology, mouse genetics, neuroanatomy, confocal microscopy, and rodent behavioral analysis
- Creative thinking skills and excellence in problem-solving
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Innate source of curiosity and enthusiasm to learn new methods and test new hypotheses
- US citizens or permanent residents
- Work with NASA to learn how to sustain human life in the extreme environment of space in preparation for human missions to Mars
- Specialized training in genetic engineering, molecular biology, and cutting edge neuroscience technologies
- Access to state-of-the-art super-resolution imaging, multi-photon microscopy, spinning disc confocal, deep learning augmented volume imaging, next gen-sequencing, and mass spectrometry.
Salary starts at $50,000, commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should submit the following: a letter describing their relevant experience, curriculum vitae, and contact information for 2-3 references to Dr. Xiao-Hong Lu at firstname.lastname@example.org. Shreveport–Bossier City metropolitan area is a wonderful place for learning, working, and living! (https://www.lsuhs.edu/about/shreveport-bossie) LSU Health-Shreveport is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Postdoctoral researcher
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly