Senior Research Assistant
“We are inviting talented researchers to apply for a Senior Research Assistant position in the Department of Neuroscience & Regenerative Medicine at Augusta University located in the historic town of Augusta, Georgia. A Bachelor’s degree in Neuroscience or related field with 3-4 years lab experience is required. The main focus of the research in the laboratory of Dr. Kim is to understand the cellular and molecular mechanisms that underlie psychiatric disorders such as PTSD.
- Proficient knowledge of neuroscience, biochemistry and cell and molecular biology
- Sufficient experience in microscopy, fluorescence imaging and behavioral testing
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with only general supervision
- Good organizational skills, detail-oriented and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to complete work and to meet deadlines
- Willingness and ability to work with research animals
- Basic competency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and EndNote or willingness to learn
General Responsibilities –
- Managing of animals (rats and mice)
- Performing behavioral tests
- Performing rodent surgeries (e.g., stereotaxic microinjection)
- Performing biochemical assays (e.g., immunohistochemistry, western blotting, RT-PCR)
- Assisting with general lab operation and inventory
- Performing other duties as assigned
Please send CV, application letter and names of one to two references. If you have reference letters in hand, please send copies of those, too. Please apply online at https://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/university/ for job opening #216322.
Augusta University/ AU Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans.