Multiple Postdoc positions in systems neuroscience
*** IMPORTANT: DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION VIA THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE READ THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT BELOW TO LEARN HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION. ***
Who we are: The Yang Lab at the University of California, Riverside is seeking candidates to fill 1-2 postdoc positions. Our lab is uniquely positioned to combine state-of-the-art recording and manipulation techniques with computational modeling to address important questions in systems neuroscience.
Our current research is focused on the functions of subcortical neuromodulatory circuits (e.g., McBurney-Lin et al., Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews 2019; McBurney-Lin et al., Neuropharmacology 2020). We employ multi-disciplinary approaches, including in vivo patch-clamp and multi-channel electrophysiology, calcium imaging, optogenetics, chemogenetics, quantitative animal behavior and computational modeling (e.g., Yang et al., Journal of Neuroscience 2012; Yang et al., Nature Neuroscience 2016; Yang et al., bioRxiv 2020) to understand the cellular and circuit mechanisms underlying neuromodulatory regulation of sensory processing and decision-making in mice.
Who you are:
- Ph.D. degree or equivalent in neuroscience or related disciplines
- Solid experience in rodent behavior/in vivo electrophysiology/in vivo calcium imaging
- Highly self-motivated
- Less than 3 years of postdoctoral training are preferred
- Analytical skills with Matlab or Python is a plus
What we offer:
- Excellent opportunities to advance your academic career
- Excellent training in technical and analytical skills
- Vibrant and dynamic research environment
- Collaborations with neural computation, human brain imaging and biophysics labs in California and other international institutes
- Above NIH-pay-scale postdoc salary
UCR is an EEO/AA/ADA/Vets employer.
How to apply: Interested applicants should submit a single PDF including a cover letter, CV and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com. For additional information, please visit www.hyanglab.com.
Apply for Multiple Postdoc positions in systems neuroscience
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly