Postdoctoral position - Neural Mechanisms of Spatial Navigation and Memory Unit (SNMU)
Postdoctoral positions are available in the laboratory of Dr. Yi Gu, in the SNMU lab at NIH/ NINDS. The SNMU laboratory aims to investigate the neural basis of spatial navigation and memory, with the ultimate goal to uncover the fundamental principle of spatial cognition and the cause of related neurological disorders. Projects in the laboratory mainly use mice as model animals and integrate multifaceted approaches, such as in vivo two-photon imaging, virtual reality behavioral paradigm, computational data analysis, and theoretical modeling. For additional information, please refer to the following webpage: https:// neuroscience.nih.gov/ninds/Faculty/Profile/yi-gu.aspx.
Salary and benefits will be set commensurate with experience and qualifications as well as NIH guidelines for intramural research training awards.
We are seeking highly motivated postdoctoral candidates with a Ph.D. degree and having strong knowledge background and research training in neuroscience. We prefer, but not limited to, candidates with expertise in the following areas: in vivo imaging/recording, rodent surgery, rodent behavior, data analysis, and theoretical modeling. Candidate should have at least one first-author research paper in the area of neuroscience, and good oral and written communication skills in English. Candidates are expected to conduct independent research and cooperatively work with other colleagues.
The application should include:
(1) Cover letter with a brief description of candidate’s interest in the position, research experience and long-term career goals
(2) Curriculum Vitae
(3) A representative first-author research paper
(4) Contact information of three references
Please email all materials as one PDF file to Dr. Yi Gu (email@example.com), Investigator, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Spatial Navigation and Memory Unit, Building 35, Room 1C-1004, 35 Convent Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The NIH is dedicated to building a diverse community in its training and employment programs.
Apply for Postdoctoral position - Neural Mechanisms of Spatial Navigation and Memory Unit (SNMU)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Government Postdoctoral Researcher Techniques jobs in Washington D.C.
- Graduate School or University Postdoctoral Researcher Techniques jobs in Washington D.C.
- Independent Research Institute Postdoctoral Researcher Techniques jobs in Washington D.C.
- Non-profit Institution / Non-governmental Org. Postdoctoral Researcher Techniques jobs in Washington D.C.