Post Doctoral Fellow, Smith Lab
Looking for a postdoctoral fellow who will examine the critical role of Ca2+-mediated resting microglia process migration and subsequent release of microglia soluble factors that could modulate synaptic activity via astrocytic ATP. The candidate will perform experimental work, which involves electrophysiological recordings (whole patch-clamp, electrical stimulation, and data analysis) and two-photon Ca2+ imaging in mouse acute brain slices and in in vivo preparations.
Anticipated Appointment Start Date: on or after Oct 1, 2020
The qualified candidate should have received a Ph.D. in Neuroscience/Pharmacology or related field in the basic sciences in order to apply or be currently pursuing a degree and will reach completion by the appointment start date.
Experience in electrophysiology (Whole Cell Patch-Clamp and electrical stimulation/recording)
- Experience in pharmacology manipulation
- Some experience in 2-Photon Ca2+ imaging
- Willingness to learn new techniques and methods
Email a curriculum vitae and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a 3-year fully funded project with the possibility of 2 additional years.
More searches like this
- Graduate School or University Postdoctoral Researcher Neural Excitability, Synapses, & Glia jobs in Washington D.C.
- Hospital Postdoctoral Researcher Neural Excitability, Synapses, & Glia jobs in Washington D.C.
- Independent Research Institute Postdoctoral Researcher Neural Excitability, Synapses, & Glia jobs in Washington D.C.